An Australian man charged after a series of counter-terrorism raids this month allegedly planned to bomb Israeli diplomatic buildings in Canberra and Sydney. The 49-year-old man, named as Jack Roche, was arrested in Perth late last night over an alleged plan to bomb diplomatic posts in Australia.
The Australian Federal Police said he faced a charge of conspiracy to bomb diplomatic premises in Australia when he appears in the Perth Court of Petty Sessions this morning. AFP general manager national operations Ben McDevitt said his arrest was not connected to the [false flag] Bali bombings.
A spokesperson for Justice Action Mr.Sooth Sayer said " the arrest is most likely connected to the invasion of the mans privacy by the new powers of ASIO. These are extraordinary laws that were invented, using people as pawns to get unprecedented powers to use to lever John Howard's propaganda machine."
His lawyer Rob Mazza said Mr Roche had been charged with two offences. "All I can say is that I've been instructed to appear for Mr Roche and that I know really nothing about him or his background,"He has been charged with two counts of conspiracy under the Commonwealth Crimes Act relating to an allegation that he and others intentionally planned to destroy or damage, it seems from the charges, the Israeli embassy in Canberra and the Israeli consulate in Sydney."
By Propa Ganda Tuesday Nov 19 2002
Govt, police 'let off the hook' Haneef inquiry
8 years ago